Associate AWS Engineer
Uturn Data Solutions is a technology services firm helping businesses achieve digital transformation through the use of cloud technologies. We are market leaders in leveraging the power of AWS to accelerate innovation, increase operational efficiency and help our clients future proof their businesses.
As one of the top AWS partners in the Midwest we specialize in AWS Migration, designing and implementing cloud native architectures, building analytics platforms and enabling automation through DevOps. An Advanced Tier AWS Consulting Partner and AWS Well Architected Partner, Uturn is headquartered in Chicago with offices in the River North neighborhood.
Uturn is hiring an Associate AWS Engineer with excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience using DevOps methodologies to implement solutions in AWS. Based in Chicago, the Associate AWS Engineer will be at the frontline of client engagements to help lead the way for cloud adoption.
If you are looking for the right opportunity to advance your career and want to work with a group of highly skilled, committed and energetic professionals to solve big challenges using cloud technology, this role is for you.
We are looking for sharp, disciplined, and self-motivated individuals who have a passion for utilizing cloud solutions from Amazon Web Services to solve real business problems for our customers. In collaboration with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on delivering cloud solutions using AWS and as a key member of Architecture Team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on AWS.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage common Infrastructure as Code tools to define AWS environments and workloads
- Utilize Configuration Management and Continuous Deployment tools to orchestrate delivery of applications to stateless and stateful stacks and resources
- Implement and optimize CI/CD pipeline while accounting for reusability, performance, security, and governance
- Migrate operations of bare metal and VM hosted applications to containers and serverless
- Migrate operations of non-scalable and/or non highly available platforms to a high availability and scalable architecture (web applications, databases, storage, etc).
- Migrate on-premise data and applications to AWS
- Implement process automations for application and platform operations and delivery
- Implement optimized AWS architectures that account for cost, availability, and scalability needs
- Evaluate existing AWS implementations in respect to the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
- AWS Certification or proven commitment to obtain
- 2 years of experience with AWS Foundational Services (EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer)
- Experience implementing CI/CD frameworks using common tools (AWS CodePipeline/CodeBuild/CodeDeploy, TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience with Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong scripting experience on both Linux and Windows (Bash, Python, PowerShell) including use of the AWS SDK or CLI
- 1-2 years of experience managing common security controls (IAM, Least Privilege, Firewall, Patching, Antivirus, etc.)
- Experience implementing traditional VM, container (Docker, Kubernetes), and serverless based architectures
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application-level architecture
- Experience utilizing common source control systems (Git, VSTS, SVN) and project structure/organization
- 2-3 years system engineering/administration experience on Linux and Windows
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
Great benefits and perks including flexible hours, excellent Blue Cross PPO medical, Dental/Vision, LTD/STD/AD&D/Life coverage, on-going training, River North location or home office, transit reimbursement, on-going technical training, and doughnuts, lots of doughnuts!
Uturn Data Solutions is a Chicago-based Advanced Tier AWS Consulting Partner focused on data strategy and AWS cloud adoption. We help commercial and public sector organizations leverage the AWS cloud to transform their data into real business value. Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org